Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Winds of Change

I'm sitting by the pool on a seemingly rainy day, watching the kids play in the water. The winds have picked up, and suddenly a quasi-poetic thought about all the change taking place in the world enters my mind. Clearly, I'm taking myself too seriously. I know that a low pressure system is making its way to Arizona, and that's the reason why the day looks gloomy compared to the usually sunny, hot and cheerful summer day I've grown accustomed to.

Yet, my normally detached demeanor is being challenged. I know better than to watch the news, and today I got a reminder why a recovering news addict (me) should stay away from certain channels on the TV. I admit, I fell off the wagon.

Then again, compared to the cheating, Christian S.C. governor; protesters in Iran; the dozens of dead victims of terror in that Iraqi market; the unemployment rate, and the North Koreans, the winds of change caressing my face right now feel pretty darned good. Yeah, that's it. I know that change is as constant as routine is complacent.

I wonder what's on the sci-fi channel?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way: talking about wind, here's a cool site that can help you
cut your electric bill using solar and wind power instead:
Download the Solar and Wind Kit HERE
-------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment